Dale Curtis Communications recruits year-round for energetic, ambitious public relations specialists to fill future openings at all levels, including:
· Vice Presidents and Senior Advisers (in-house or consulting)
· Account Directors, Executives, and Associates
· Functional specialists: Writers/Editors, Digital Media, Graphic Design, video, PowerPoint, Marketing, etc.
Candidates must have a demonstrated passion for DC-focused communications, PR, advocacy, and/or public affairs, ideally across multiple industries or issues. Those who are hired will join an eight-year old business with a small team of full-time and part-time associates, and will find opportunities for growth. S/he will support multiple national and regional clients in the technology and telecom sectors, as well as other arenas. This is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial self-starter who wants to deepen and broaden their PR experience, and continue learning the business from seasoned PR executives.
Responsibilities may include:
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients, colleagues, reporters and industry key players
- Leading the creation of a variety of PR materials including press releases, media pitches, case studies, fact sheets, research papers, executive bios, interview briefing materials, PowerPoints, etc.
- Using digital media channels to advance client objectives
- Developing on-point pitches to “the right” reporters, leading to significant media placements
- Supporting marketing, new business development, proposals, and pitches
- Leading account teams
- Various levels of experience, depending on the role bring filled
- 0 to 3 years at the entry level
- 3 to 10 years at the mid-level
- 10+ years at the senior level
- Bonus for directly relevant experience in a DC-focused public relations agency, company, association, nonprofit, or government agency
- Proven, top-notch writing/editing skills (must show experience, provide writing samples, and take a writing test)
- Proven media relations skills (bonus for existing relationships with reporters in client-relevant media outlets)
- Proven digital media capabilities, or at least some education and experience in the use of Twitter, LinkedIn, and other leading platforms in PR and marketing
- Aptitude for project management and managing many details; ability to juggle multiple concurrent tasks without sacrificing quality or deadlines
- Familiarity with or interest in public affairs and governmental affairs, especially in our clients’ industries (bonus for knowledge of tech and telecom issues)
- Comfortable in a startup-like environment
- Strong experience in journalism and/or marketing can be a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Political Science or History preferred
- Readiness to commit to long-term employment and professional development in the context of a growing small business.
Interested candidates should send a resume and a cover letter expressing why they are interested in a position with DCC, to email@example.com. The most qualified candidates will be contacted within 10-14 days.